SignUpGenius Sign Up
Worship is held in-person at all three services (8, 9:20 & 10:30) with the 9:20 service shown on-line, Facebook Live. We have Thursday night worship at 7:00 pm in the worship space.
Peace church is open for services with important health safety guidelines, which will continue to evolve and be updated.
Jesus said, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ The second is this, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” (Mark 12:30-31)
As the people of God at Peace Lutheran, we are seeking the best ways to “love our neighbor.” Under the direction of church leadership, church staff and medical professionals the below guidelines will help open the church with your health and safety in mind.
As always, we know you will take care for your own safety and the safety of others. If you are comfortable being present that’s wonderful. If the time is not yet right for you, we will continue our Live Facebook worship at 10:30 Sunday mornings.
Steps the church is taking to have an engaging yet safe service for in-person attendees:
- Seating will be limited to about 80 participants per service
- All worshipers will be asked to wear masks
- Families or co-worshipers will be able to sit together in groups
- Those groups will be seated six feet away from the next nearest group
- Only every third pew will be open to ensure six feet “front to back” social distancing
- The nursery will not be open (child-care will be unavailable)
- There will be no donuts or coffee (our sincerest apologies), and that space will be cordoned off
- There will be no hand-shaking and no hymnals (the service will be shown on screen)
- There will be no children’s activity bags
- Services will be about 45 minutes long, to allow time to disinfect / clean between services
Steps we’re asking all attendees to take to ensure a safe service:
- Please wear masks and abide by all of the social distancing guidelines, above
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well especially if you have a fever or symptoms concerning for respiratory illness
- Register yourself and each family member for an upcoming service in advance via the church website (www.peacelc.org) or by phone (920.865.7595) so we can keep attendance about 80 total attendees per service (for safety)
- Please use the main entrance only when entering or leaving church
SignUpGenius Sign Up
As we transition to worshiping together, guidelines are such that we are limited to the number of worshipers we can seat in our worship space. To ensure we do not surpass the directed number of 80 per worship service, you are asked to sign up using SignUpGenius, if you are planning to worship in person at church. If you do not have access to the internet, please call the church office (920 865-7595) and church staff will sign you up for a worship date and time of your choice.
Here is the link to sign up:
You can use any electronic device to sign up. The sign up link will be active on our website (www.peacelc.org) as of Monday, June 8th. The link will also be sent to anyone who is on our General Interest list for Constant Contacts emails. If you would like to be added to this list, please send an email to the church secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to help clean the worship space between services, volunteers can contact church administrator, email@example.com or call 865-7595.
New Member Orientation
On Sunday May 16th at 6:00 via Zoom, we will be meeting together with perspective individuals and families who would like to become a member of Peace. We will share a bit about what God is all about at Peace, meet the staff and get to know the new members as well. It is always an exciting time when we receive New Members! If you are interested, please contact the church and we will send you the link for the meeting, as well as the information sheets that we ask you to fill out ahead of time.
We will receive new members at the 9:20 livestream on Facebook live and Youtube on May 23rd. We are asking that New Members send us a family picture to show during the offering time, and to add to our digital pictorial directory.
We will celebrate the Affirmation of Baptism virtually for our 8th graders on May 16th, 2021 during the 9:20 livestream worship service. (This is a change from the original schedule put out last fall to the confirmation families.) Each 8th grade confirmand will gather at home with their family around them for the virtual worship and we will have the Affirmation of Baptism as part of that service. We know that it’s not ideal, but it is possible to have a very meaningful and safe experience for our confirmands. We are asking that the students (parents) email us a recent picture of their confirmand to use for the picture slideshow by May 10th so that we can have it ready. You can send them to Pastor Stuart (firstname.lastname@example.org) or to Melissa (email@example.com ).