Worship at Peace,
Seasonal Giving, Coffee Talk Date Added &
Thanksgiving Eve Worship!
Worship & SignUpGenius Sign Up
Peace church has reopened for services on a limited basis and with important health safety guidelines, which will continue to evolve and be updated. Services will be at 8 am & 9:20 am WITH 10:30 am AN ONLINE ONLY SERVICE. We will have Thursday night worship at 7:00 pm in the worship space. Thursday evening worship will include the same protocols and sign up as Sunday morning worship.
Jesus said, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ The second is this, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” (Mark 12:30-31)
As the people of God at Peace Lutheran, we are seeking the best ways to “love our neighbor” as we plan to come together to worship. Under the direction of church leadership, church staff and medical professionals the below guidelines will help open the church with your health and safety in mind.
As always, we know you will take care for your own safety and the safety of others. If you are comfortable being present that’s wonderful. If the time is not yet right for you, we will continue our Live Facebook worship at 10:30 Sunday mornings.
Steps the church is taking to have an engaging yet safe service for in-person attendees:
- Seating will be limited to about 80 participants per service
- Families or co-worshipers will be able to sit together in groups
- Those groups will be seated six feet away from the next nearest group
- Only every third pew will be open to ensure six feet “front to back” social distancing
- All worshipers will be asked to wear masks (please bring your own)
- There will be no communion
- The nursery will not be open (child-care will be unavailable)
- There will be no donuts or coffee (our sincerest apologies), and that space will be cordoned off
- There will be no hand-shaking and no bulletins or hymnals (the service will be shown on screen)
- There will be no children’s activity bags
- Services will be about 45 minutes long, to allow time to disinfect / clean between services
Steps we’re asking all attendees to take to ensure a safe service:
- Please wear masks and abide by all of the social distancing guidelines, above
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well especially if you have a fever or symptoms concerning for respiratory illness
- Beginning Monday, June 8th, register yourself and each family member for an upcoming service in advance, via the church website (www.peacelc.org) or by phone (920.865.7595) so we can manage to keep attendance about 80 total attendees per service (for safety)
- Please use the main entrance only when entering or leaving church
SignUpGenius Sign Up
As we transition to worshiping together, guidelines are such that we are limited to the number of worshipers we can seat in our worship space. To ensure we do not surpass the directed number of 80 per worship service, you are asked to sign up using SignUpGenius, if you are planning to worship in person at church. If you do not have access to the internet, please call the church office (920 865-7595) and church staff will sign you up for a worship date and time of your choice.
Here is the link to sign up:
You can use any electronic device to sign up. The sign up link will be active on our website (www.peacelc.org) as of Monday, June 8th. The link will also be sent to anyone who is on our General Interest list for Constant Contacts emails. If you would like to be added to this list, please send an email to the church secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to help clean the worship space between services, volunteers can contact church administrator, email@example.com or call 865-7595.
Over time, with Covid-19 cases controlled and heading in a positive direction, it is our hope that attendance numbers can be increased. We thank everyone for their patience and collaboration at this time.
Thanksgiving Eve Worship Options
Thanksgiving Eve Worship will take place at 7:00 pm on Wednesday, November 25th. Please sign up for this in-person worship using SignUp! Genius and the link at the top of this page. Though we will not share Holy Communion or pie, you are invited to join us to start your Thanksgiving by giving thanks to God! Online Thanksgiving Worship option will be offered at 5:30 pm Wednesday on Facebook Live.
No Thursday Evening Service on November 26th
There will be no service on Thursday, November 26th, Thanksgiving Day. Thursday Evening Worship WILL take place every other Thursday in November at 7:00 pm. When you can’t be with us on Sunday, join us for worship on Thursday Evenings.
Pie will not be shared at church this year, however we will still collect pies! Pies will be delivered to The N.E.W. Shelter in Green Bay where they will be served to the residents during their Thanksgiving meal. As you are able, we ask that you bring your pies to church between 8 am & 7 pm on November 25th.
Coffee Talk Date Added
Pastor Jim wants to learn from you and share a bit more about his ministry goals as he continues to settle into his new role here at Peace. He will be hosting three gatherings via Zoom with the framework being based on the following:
1) How has Peace blessed you in your life of faith?
2) What are your hopes for Peace now and into the future?
3) Pastor Jim will share about his ministry experience and answer your questions.
The gathering will be from 6:30 pm-7:30 pm on Wednesday, December 2nd.
Register via this weblink today!
Hunger Banks & Giving Tree
Thanksgiving and Christmas giving has begun. You can help fight world hunger by using a hunger bank which you will find at church in the large gathering space. As you are able, take one home and prayerfully fill it throughout the month of November. Half of the money received will go the “World Hunger Appeal”. The other half of the money shared will be used to help provide farm animals for people around the world through the “Global Barnyard” program of the ELCA. Please return your banks near Thanksgiving.
Full Circle is collaborating with The Giving Tree of Howard and will collect gifts for their Holiday Store again this year. There is a tree set up in the Gathering Space along with a handout listing suggested contributions. As you are able, purchase gifts and leave them (unwrapped) at church by November 29th. Click here for a list of gifts the Giving Tree is collecting: The Giving Tree Holiday Store Shopping List
During the Covid-19 outbreak and quarantine, If you are unable to get out and about to get groceries and essentials or are in need of a warm meal, there are several church volunteers available to help you get what you need. Please call the church at (920) 865 – 7595 and we will coordinate with those volunteers to help those in need.