Worship at Peace,
Coffee Talk with Pastor Jim &
Coats for Kids Collection
Worship & SignUpGenius Sign Up
Peace church has reopened for services on a limited basis and with important health safety guidelines, which will continue to evolve and be updated. Services will be at 8 am & 9:20 am WITH 10:30 am AN ONLINE ONLY SERVICE. We will have Thursday night worship at 7:00 pm in the worship space. Thursday evening worship will include the same protocols and sign up as Sunday morning worship.
Jesus said, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ The second is this, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” (Mark 12:30-31)
As the people of God at Peace Lutheran, we are seeking the best ways to “love our neighbor” as we plan to come together to worship. Under the direction of church leadership, church staff and medical professionals the below guidelines will help open the church with your health and safety in mind.
As always, we know you will take care for your own safety and the safety of others. If you are comfortable being present that’s wonderful. If the time is not yet right for you, we will continue our Live Facebook worship at 10:30 Sunday mornings.
Steps the church is taking to have an engaging yet safe service for in-person attendees:
- Seating will be limited to about 80 participants per service
- Families or co-worshipers will be able to sit together in groups
- Those groups will be seated six feet away from the next nearest group
- Only every third pew will be open to ensure six feet “front to back” social distancing
- All worshipers will be asked to wear masks (please bring your own)
- There will be no communion
- The nursery will not be open (child-care will be unavailable)
- There will be no donuts or coffee (our sincerest apologies), and that space will be cordoned off
- There will be no hand-shaking and no bulletins or hymnals (the service will be shown on screen)
- There will be no children’s activity bags
- Services will be about 45 minutes long, to allow time to disinfect / clean between services
Steps we’re asking all attendees to take to ensure a safe service:
- Please wear masks and abide by all of the social distancing guidelines, above
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well especially if you have a fever or symptoms concerning for respiratory illness
- Beginning Monday, June 8th, register yourself and each family member for an upcoming service in advance, via the church website (www.peacelc.org) or by phone (920.865.7595) so we can manage to keep attendance about 80 total attendees per service (for safety)
- Please use the main entrance only when entering or leaving church
SignUpGenius Sign Up
As we transition to worshiping together, guidelines are such that we are limited to the number of worshipers we can seat in our worship space. To ensure we do not surpass the directed number of 80 per worship service, you are asked to sign up using SignUpGenius, if you are planning to worship in person at church. If you do not have access to the internet, please call the church office (920 865-7595) and church staff will sign you up for a worship date and time of your choice.
Here is the link to sign up:
You can use any electronic device to sign up. The sign up link will be active on our website (www.peacelc.org) as of Monday, June 8th. The link will also be sent to anyone who is on our General Interest list for Constant Contacts emails. If you would like to be added to this list, please send an email to the church secretary, email@example.com.
If you would like to help clean the worship space between services, volunteers can contact church administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 865-7595.
Over time, with Covid-19 cases controlled and heading in a positive direction, it is our hope that attendance numbers can be increased. We thank everyone for their patience and collaboration at this time.
Coffee Talk with Pastor Jim
Drinking coffee at 6:30 pm isn’t advisable on most evenings but we can make an exception for these special gatherings!
Pastor Jim wants to learn from you and share a bit more about his ministry goals as he continues to settle into his new role here at Peace. He will be hosting three gatherings via Zoom where the framework is based on these questions:
1) How has Peace blessed you in your life of faith?
2) What are your hopes for Peace now and into the future?
3) What questions do you have for Pastor Jim?
At this three-month stage of his ministry, Pastor Jim was hoping to host in-person gatherings but that will not be feasible. These Zoom gatherings will be just as effective in making connections with you as he learns and shares more of his ‘ministry story’ that guides his preaching/teaching/leadership.
The gatherings will be from 6:30 pm-7:30 pm on:
Wednesday, Nov. 11th
Wednesday, Nov. 18th
Wednesday, Nov. 25th
Please register on-line and then participants will receive the Zoom link for each gathering. Space is limited to 12 people for each gathering to allow for all to contribute. Additional offerings will be added if they are needed. Thank you for assisting Pastor Jim in this special process! Use this link to register for Coffee Talks:
During the Covid-19 outbreak and quarantine, If you are unable to get out and about to get groceries and essentials or are in need of a warm meal, there are several church volunteers available to help you get what you need. Please call the church at (920) 865 – 7595 and we will coordinate with those volunteers to help those in need.
Coats for Kids Drive 2020
Cooler temperatures have arrived. If you have any gently used children’s coats that you no longer need, please drop them off at Peace Lutheran church now through Friday, October 30th, 2020. Thank you for your time to provide warmth to those in need.
In 2019, The Salvation Army of Greater Green Bay Distributed 3,270 Coats to Children in Need.
Volunteer for Coats for Kids Set-up and Distribution:
There are multiple shifts available to help set-up and distribute coats. Please sign up directly with Green Bay Salvation Army by Contacting Volunteer Coordinator Renee Main at 920-593-2375 or email@example.com for more details.